Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grand Pappas

Arin and I decided to go over to visit Grandpa's on Sunday with the kids. We had a really nice visit and the kids absolutely adore grandpa. It was grandma's birthday as well, so we thought it would be nice to all be around each other in remembrance to her. It has been 10 years since she has passed. Wow...still seems like yesterday when she used to sing us goodnight lullabies to bed and tell us about the fairies that lived out in her garden when we used to come out to visit her when we were little. Grandma had such an imagination, of course we believed every word that came out of her mouth. AND STILL DO! Hey...I still dont step in the middle of mushroom rings :) Who wants to get stuck in fairy land ~ I remember when she turned me into a frog for misbehaving...I woke up with green pokadots all over my face...haa ahaaaa. Every time we are at grandpa's house we can still feel grandma and the love she felt towards her children. WE MISS YOU GRANDMA. Grandpa does a good job of playing with the kids...and even teases them a little too! They seemed to get into all kinds of things at his house. From his nicknack's to napkins...When it comes to grandpas he has always had 3 things that the kids have played with even when we were little. THE WOODEN TRUCK FILLED WITH BLOCKS, (I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE HE HAS THIS) THE DANCING FLOWERS...the kids love to dance to this... and HIS STAIRS! Oh how the kids just magnetize to his stairs...
Here are a couple of pics of the kids playing together.


Ryan and Maverick...
"Oh BOY We are going to have some fun today" "I can just feel it"



"Let me just reach for the controller, while he's not lookin"
"Almost got it"


" Ahh found the next best thing...NAPKINS and MOMMIES sunglasses"


"Now do I look cool or what?"



"Here comes Joe JOe" "Give me those Mav"


"Look at me Grandpa"


"That's right Mav, Look who talking now"


"Ya Grandpa, Dont mind me..."




"Iv'e got the glasses" "Dont I look cute grandpa"

1 comment:

Lis said...

Aww! Thats so sweet about your Grandma! I love the stories! I think I dont walk into the middle of a mushroom ring because of her EITHER! haha! Funny. I still remember that from Highschool! =) Maverick's getting to be such a big boy! Into everything I LOVE IT!haha!